Work with a results-driven thought partner.
The Firm provides counsel and representation on a broad range of business matters and serves as outside general counsel to companies with limited or no legal staff.
Outside General Counsel
The Firm’s outside general counsel service provides small and midsize businesses with the legal support they need to address the many different legal issues they face throughout the year, e.g., commercial contracts, employment matters, intellectual property, compliance, governance, corporate transactions, risk management, litigation and more. The Firm’s services are customized to client needs and can include:
- Strategic Legal Counsel - working with a client to stay ahead of legal issues in a rapidly changing business landscape and crafting solutions and strategies to avoid problems and maximize opportunities;
- Legal Project Management - coordinating and overseeing a client’s multiple outside counsel to achieve results that are on strategy; and
- Routine Legal Services - developing and handling a program for a client’s recurring legal needs, e.g., standard contracts and government filings.
With outside general counsel in place, clients are relieved of the costly distraction to one or more of their executives (usually the CEO, CFO, or COO) having to constantly manage legal matters, often on an ad hoc or urgent basis.
The Firm draws on founder Josh Nathan’s prior experience including as general counsel, managing director, and "big law firm" attorney.
Business counsel services include:
- Business formation and governance
- Commercial agreements
- Employment and labor matters
- Internal Investigations
- Insurance and risk counsel
- Executive and founder compensation and transitions
- Joint venture and private investment transactions
- Outside general counsel